Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Thrift Shop T-Shirt:

Many hands have sewn me together, and now I am for sale.
I remember the first time I was shipped away
and then put on the shelf, I thought there I'd stay,
but the boy who found me, put me on and said,
"Mommy! Mommy! I want this one!"
So my newest memory then was being bought,
by a mother and child for six, ten, flat.
The little boy wore me every day for a week.
I was worried, 'cause he SMELLED! And my stomach is weak.
and I remember hiding in the back of the closet -
hoping he would pick somebody else, but he still found me - da**it!
Though as the months grew on, I learned to love my boy,
until the day he grew older, and had to throw me away.
Many hands have sewn me together, and now I am for sale;
at the nearest thrift shop to this boy's home - wishing he would put me back on.
and so I remember now as I was shipped away,
and then put on the rack, and I think here I'll stay
until a boy who finds me, puts me on and says,
"Mommy, mommy.... Can I have this one?"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. but thanks to modern society, i thought it was about Mackelmore the first time I read the title xD

    love the personification used, made it hallarious.
    Great post.

    that's 50$ dollas for a T-Shirt

    ReplyDelete