Sunday, December 8, 2013

This Is For You

I was nine when you died.
I - I didn't understand.
And on that August morning in 2005,
screaming and crying, I called 911:
but you left me, you were gone.
And at first I was mad, but as I fell to my knees, I felt your arms around me.
You helped me stand tall, and told me I could be anything I wanted to be!
So I learned how to fly!
I want to be just like YOU.
But I need your help.
I need you to help me be not just great, but good too.
I love you daddy:
I know you died so that you could always be here for me - right by my side, exactly where I'm going to need you more than ever now.
Thank you.
This is for you.

2 comments:

  1. "I need you to help me be not just great, but good too."

    This line... the sorrow and joy and hope and love it carries. The entire thing.
    Thank you for this post. Sincerely it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete