Monday, September 16, 2013

A Simple Love Story

Just a Song I Wrote-
        by: HowITellTheTruth

I want to tell you you hurt me
but I don't know what to say
I want to tell you I can't breath
but I don't have any way

So here goes nothing, laying it all out there
this is my attempt, to say what I can't share
and I need you to understand what's expressed here
in a song I wrote, when my heart was broke
in this song I wrote, when my heart was broke

I want to tell you I'm not free
like you said I would be
I want to say you complete me
but you wouldn't believe!

So darling, here goes nothing, laying it all out here
In a song I wrote to express how I feel
and I need you understand, how I need you near--
through a song I wrote, when my heart was broke
through this song I wrote, when my heart was broke

First off,
I'd like to get off my chest 'bout how you drive me up the wall!
you drive me absolutely crazy! I'm trying to understand how.
You're a nascar explosion going on in my brain -
you're like that song about that I-pod that keeps hitting replay
Seriously, it's like "what do I say?" do I speak up now? or wait till after ballet?
every day, it seems, I'm like "Hey can you hang"
but you never got time, you're always doing your own thing
and I don't really know how to put it all out there,
or if you figured it out and you just really don't like it
but I would like to imagine that I'm not alone
because my timing's always wrong, and my head's a little slow :(

And I'm doing my best to get my feeling's expressed
as I know i'm not perfect, you'll be the judge if I'm worth it.
I'm just trying to understand the feelings between us
Please, just the truth no more lies, I think the rest is implied... 

And so I say--

Here goes nothing, laying it all out there
this is my attempt, to say what I can't share
and I need you to understand what's expressed here
in a song I wrote, when my heart was broke
in this song I wrote, when this heart was broke

1 comment:

  1. You're an extremely good writer. There isn't one post that I thoroughly enjoy. I loved this!!

    ReplyDelete