Monday, September 16, 2013

Come close, let me whisper a secret...YOU'RE A JERK!!!

It's Not About the Money-

You don't know how much something costs
until you take the time
wiping off the sweat you make
to earn that one thousand dollars
for that brand new guitar.

for a guitar that you put
whole heart and soul into

A guitar that you make a promise to
that you'll never let anything happen to,
that you'll take care of her.

And she promises to always be there for you
to help carry you through every moment of pain
too unbearable to even stand up straight.
to help guide you through every moment of frustration and anger
too clouded and black to see ahead.

She has always been my shoulder to cry on
when i was so alone there wasn't a single soul there
to swim with me through my pool of tears

No, to me it's not about the money spent.
or the time traded.
It's about the love entrusted in a friend
who will always be there for me.

I know you can't comprehend the bond we carry - No one can
and I put it into terms which I'm starting to realize;
You don't fully understand -

"Do you know how much that costs?"

So I'll give you a hint…

It's not about the money.

5 comments:

  1. "It's not about the money" #Stolen

    "It's about the love entrusted in a friend
    who will always be there for me." #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's not about the money" #Stolen

    "It's about the love entrusted in a friend
    who will always be there for me." #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't know how much something costs until you take the time
    #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. you don't know how much something costs until you take the time
    #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "It's not about the money." #simple

    ReplyDelete